Broadcast (XactDialer) module allows you to send a message broadcasting to a predefined list of phone numbers. You can decide which message is played depending on if a human answers the call or an answering machine/voicemail.
A campaign is a set of instructions on when we should be dialing, what list of phone numbers should be included in the dial list and what messages or destinations we should be routing to (based on if the call is answered by a human or answering machine).
A call group is a list of names and numbers that any campaign can include to be called based on the campaign settings.
Log into the “Broadcast Module” and you will see this screen.
Service is currently: "Running" or "Stopped" When running any active campaigns that have calls to place will be placed. When stopped no calls will be placed for any campaigns.
Number of Concurrent Calls- Max number of calls all running campaigns can place at anytime.
- Maximum Retries- Number of times to try busy numbers back.
- Report From Email- What email addresses email reports should appear to be coming from.
- Current Campaigns
- Here you can view all active campaigns and toggle which campaigns are active.
- See how many calls have been placed and how many still need to be called.
- Reports allow you to download a CSV of all calls included in the campaign and the call status.
On the right side we can see a list of all campaigns that have been created. Click on “Add a Campaign” to create a new one or click on any campaign to edit the campaign settings.
- Campaign Details
- Call Groups
- Day/Time Settings
Here you define which date and times this campaign can place calls to your selected call groups.
- Start Time- What time each day to start the campaign.
- End Time- What time each day to end the campaign.
- Start Date- What date to start the campaign.
- End Date- What date to end the campaign.
- Only Call Between- What days of the week to call. For example, if you only wanted to call Monday thru Friday for the next month you would set this to Monday thru Friday.
- Destination - Live Person Answered- This is the destination to route calls to if a live person answers the call.
- Destination - Answering Machine/Voicemail Answered- This is the destination to route calls to if an answering machine or voicemail answers the call. Please note that we make all attempts to detect a voicemail or answering machine.
Call List Groups
- On the right side we can see a list of all call groups that have been created. Click on “Add a Call Group” to create a new one or click on any call group to edit the settings.
- Once we save a call group we will be presented with a new screen. From here you can export your list, add entries manually or import additional lists from CSV to be added to this call group.
- Add Entries- You can manually add name and phone numbers to this call group. Make sure you press the “Add Entry” button to add each manual entry.
- Import CSV- You can use the import CSV feature to import a new list of names and numbers.
- Make sure to press the “Save” button at the bottom when done making changes.
- You can optionally set a URL to have the system use FTP or HTTP to retrieve a list.
- URL Source- The FTP or URL link to your file. Format would be "ftp://username:firstname.lastname@example.org/mylist.csv"
- Delete after Retrieving-After pulling down the list should we delete the file from the FTP directory? If the server is unable to delete the file, the import is not processed. This option is ignored when using HTTP to retrieve files.
- Update Period- How often should we look for a new file and pull it down in seconds
In our example above we are looking for a csv list called mylist.csv from our FTP server every 5 minutes and if we find the file we pull it down and delete it from the FTP server.
Toggle Campaign on or off remotely