Within the portal, you can add one or more credit cards that will be saved on file. The advantage to storing a credit card is at checkout you don't have to go through the headaches of entering all the credit card and billing information. If you are set up for any type of recurring services, such as our Monthly Hosted service, you are required to have at least one valid credit card on file with us as a "default" credit card.
For security reasons, we do not actually store your credit card. All information is passed to the credit card gateway such as PayPal or Authorized.net, and they store all the information. They give us a unique token ID that we use each time we want to make a charge on your credit card.
You can save your credit card to your Portal account by using the process below. You will have the option to save a card when completing a transaction in the store. Instructions for purchasing items in the store can be found on this page: How to Purchase Commercial Modules
Accessing the Credit Card Section for Management
- Log into the Sangoma Portal at https://portal.sangoma.com
- Once logged into the portal, select Customers → List All
- You should now see a list of all customers, including yourself and any customers that are below you as sub account. You can only add and view credit card information for your own direct account for security reasons. None of you sub accounts will expose the credit card option. Press the View button.
- Click on the card tab at the top of the page when viewing or editing a customer. From here you can see a list of all credit cards you have on file. You can choose to delete a credit card, add a new card, and set which credit card is the default card to be used for recurring charges.
Adding a New Credit Card
- Click the Add new credit card button.
- If this is the first time adding a credit card, you will be prompted to enter the credit card information, including the billing address on file with the financial institution. Type in the information, including card number, name and expiration date. Note: the card type (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) will automatically appear as you enter your number. If the system detects an invalid credit card number, the number fields will be outlined in red and you will need to try again.
- Next, enter your card security code.
- If paying by American Express, you will need to enter the four-digit code on the front of the card, as shown below.
- For other types of cards, click the button to fill in the back side of the card. Then enter your three digit CVV code from the back of the card.
- Enter in the Billing address associated with your credit card
- Once you have entered your credit card, click the box to save your credit card information for future purchases with us. Then click the button.
Deleting A Credit Card
- Navigate to the credit card list as described earlier in this wiki.
- Click the Remove option to delete a card.
- You can only remove your non default card. Default card is what is used for recurring billing service that you opt in for such as support contract or module renewals.