The following steps illustrate how to register your Vega product with FreePBX. This guide applies to all Vega products
1. Log into your Vega webGUI
2. Log into the Quick Config
**Any modifications performed in Quick Config will overwrite ALL configuration on the Vega (so if you have made any adjustments in Expert Config, they will be erased!!)
3. Configure VoIP Registration details as follows
In our example we want to use 'Vega' and 'sangoma1' for the password, as follows:
4. Finish configuring your Vega by clicking on the last tab.
In our example we are using a Vega 60 so its FXO, digital Vega’s will have T1/E1 tab
The Vega will ask you to apply and save your changes.
1. Log into the FreePBX webGUI
2.Click on Trunks, located under Connectivity
3. Click on 'Add SIP (chan_sip) Trunk', to add a new trunk
4. Define Trunk Name. In our example, we called it 'vega60_fxo'
5. Configure SIP Settings 'Outgoing' Peer details
a. Configure the Trunk Name
-> This should be a Generic Name, In the example below we used 'vega' and it should match the Register User in the Vega.
b. Configure the PEER Details
6. The last step is to Apply Configuration.
To verify registration Open the 'Status' Page of the Vega Gateway webgui and look at SIP Registrations
In order to have the Vega register to FreePBX we recommend adding the Vega's IP Address (or add the entire subnet where the Vega is installed) to the Intrusion Detection module whitelist.