THIS WIKI HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR VERSION 13 OF YOUR PBX GUI
Bulk Handler manages the bulk export or import of extensions, DIDs, user manager users, user manager groups, and contacts. You can export any of these as a CSV file. You can also upload a CSV file to save time versus having to enter each item individually. The module provides required/recommended headers for your CSV files.
Navigating to Bulk Handler
- Log into your PBX GUI
- In the top menu go to Admin
- In the drop-down menu go to Bulk Handler
You will land in the "Export" section with "Extensions" selected by default.
Export a CSV File
The Export section allows you to export a CSV file of Extensions, DIDs, User Manager Users, User Manager Groups, or Contacts. You can then make additions, removals, and changes to the file and import it if desired.
Exporting is also a way to create a "template" to ensure you are using all of the available headers if you plan to import data.
- Click the Export button at the top if it is not already selected. (Dark blue background = selected)
- Click the tab for the type of information you want to export.
In our example we'll export Extensions.
- Click the Export button near "CSV File." Your browser will download a .csv file that you can open in a spreadsheet application.
Import a CSV File
Perform an export first, if you would like to see all of the available headers and edit the file from there. You can also create a CSV file from scratch. The "Import" section will show you the minimum required/recommended headers.
- Click the Import button at the top if it is not already selected. (Dark blue background = selected)
Click the tab for the type of information you want to import. In our example, we'll be importing extensions, but the general process below applies to any kind of import.
If you are creating a CSV file from scratch, note the Required/Recommended Headers:
If you are importing... Required/Recommended Headers Extensions
extension (Extension), name (Name), description (Description), tech (Device Technology), secret (Secret [Enter "REGEN" to regenerate]), callwaiting_enable (Call Waiting Enabled: ENABLED to enable, blank to disable), findmefollow_enabled (Follow Me Enabled [Blank to disable]), findmefollow_grplist (Follow Me List), voicemail_enable (Voicemail Enable [Blank to disable]), voicemail_vmpwd (Voicemail Password), voicemail_email (Voicemail E-Mail), voicemail_options (Voicemail Options is a pipe-delimited list of options. Example: attach=no|delete=no),
description (Description), extension (Incoming DID), cidnum (Caller ID Number), destination (The context, extension, priority to go to when this DID is matched. Example: app-daynight,0,1), fax_enable (Fax Enabled), fax_detection (Type of fax detection to use (e.g. SIP or DAHDI)), fax_detectionwait (How long to wait and try to detect fax), fax_destination (Where to send the faxes),
User Manager Users
username (Login Name), password (Password - plaintext), default_extension (Primary Linked Extension), description (Description), fname (First Name), lname (Last Name), displayname (Display Name),
User Manager Groups
groupname (Group Name), description (Description),
groupname (Name of group for contact. If group does not exist, it will be created.), grouptype (Type of group for contact.), displayname (Display Name), fname (First Name), lname (Last Name), title (Title), company (Company), address (Address), userman_username (User Manager username this contact should point to. Internal contacts only.), phone_1_number (Phone number. External contacts only.), phone_1_type (Type of phone number. External contacts only.), phone_1_extension (Extension. External contacts only.), phone_1_flags (Comma-delimited list of flags. (Example: sms,fax) External contacts only.), phone_2_number (Phone number. External contacts only.), phone_2_type (Type of phone number. External contacts only.), phone_2_extension (Extension. External contacts only.), phone_2_flags (Comma-delimited list of flags. (Example: sms,fax) External contacts only.), phone_3_number (Phone number. External contacts only.), phone_3_type (Type of phone number. External contacts only.), phone_3_extension (Extension. External contacts only.), phone_3_flags (Comma-delimited list of flags. (Example: sms,fax) External contacts only.), email_1 (E-mail address. External contacts only.), email_2 (E-mail address. External contacts only.), email_3 (E-mail address. External contacts only.),
Click the Browse button.
- Select your .csv file from your computer. Your selected filename will appear next to the browse button.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom. You're not done yet -- this will take you to a data validation page.
- At the top, use the Yes/No toggle button to indicate whether you want to replace and update all of your existing data with the contents from the CSV file.
- The contents of your CSV file are displayed in the table, but only a few main headers are shown.
- Optional: You can edit the details of each item at this time before completing the import. You will be able to edit all headers, not just the ones shown in the table.
- Click the edit button
- A window will pop up for this item. Note that you can scroll in the window to see all fields.
- Click the Close button if you are not making any changes. Otherwise, make your changes in the appropriate fields and click the Save changes button.
- Click the edit button
- Wait while the import is performed. The status bar near the top will show the progress of your import. The rows of the table will also turn green as each item is imported.
- Click the Finished button when done.
- Click the Apply Config button.