Within the portal, you can add one or more credit cards that will be saved on file. The advantage to storing a credit card is at checkout you don't have to go through the headaches of entering all the credit card and billing information. If you are set up for any type of recurring services, such as our Monthly Hosted service, you are required to have at least one valid credit card on file with us as a "default" credit card.
For security reasons, we do not actually store your credit card. All information is passed to the credit card gateway such as PayPal or Authorized.net, and they store all the information. They give us a unique token ID that we use each time we want to make a charge on your credit card.
Storing Credit Cards
You can save your credit card to your Portal account by using the process below. You will have the option to save a card when completing a transaction in the store. Instructions for purchasing items in the store can be found on this page: How to Purchase Commercial Modules
Accessing the Credit Card Section for Management
- Once logged into the portal, select Customers → List All
- You should now see a list of all customers, including yourself and any customers that are below you as sub account. You can only add and view credit card information for your own direct account for security reasons. None of you sub accounts will expose the credit card option.
- Click on the Credit Card Icon on the far right side. From here you can see a list of all credit cards you have on file. You can choose to delete any credit card, add a new card, and set which credit card is the default card to be used for recurring charges.
Adding a New Credit Card
- Click the "Add new credit card" button.
- If this is the first time adding a credit card, you will be prompted to enter the credit card information, including the billing address on file with the financial institution. Type in the information, including card number, name and expiration date.
- Click the
NOTE: If paying by American Express you will need to enter the four digit code on the front of the card, as seen below. button to fill in the back side of the card. Then enter your three digit CVV code from the back of the card.
- Once you have entered your credit card, click the
Deleting A Credit Card
- From the main Credit Card screen as outlined above you can click the REMOVE option to Delete your Card.