Server and Operating system Selection
Selecting your server
Sangoma cards are compatible with most commercially available servers and motherboards on the market.
Our cards are available in both PCI and PCI express versions and are backwards compatible (i.e. 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x)
Also available are different size brackets for 1U and 2U server form factors.
For Sangoma analog card installations using FXS modules and/or remora expansion boards, please verify that your server has available molex power connection from internal power supply
Selecting your Linux Operating system
Sangoma cards are compatible with most official Linux distributions and kernels (i.e. CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu) 32 and 64bit.
Sangoma recommends the use of CentOS as our R&D and QA departments use this distribution on a frequent basis.
Virtual environments are not supported
Below are instructions for CentOS Installation. If you would like use a different Linux Distro, please visit the appropriate online resources.
- Download latest CentOS distribution:
- After downloading the CentOS ISO, simply burn the image on CD/DVD using your choice of burning utility
- Boot your server with the CD/DVD containing your CentOS ISO. Verify your BIOS settings allow for Boot from CD/DVD ROM drive
- Follow the on-screen prompts to Install your new operating system. You may wish to visit some online step-by-step tutorials (google:))
- Once completed, remove the CD/DVD from your server and reboot your server and log in to your freshly installed operating system