How it works?
We have implemented a reliable outbound FAX service that we believe provides the most reliable FAX service in the VoIP industry. We assure end to end T38 delivery to our PRI connected FAX server to assure your FAXs hit the PSTN without improper transcoding and conversions. Our FAX service is available for the lower 48 US only and is delivered as a metered service at a cost of 2.4 cents per minute for outbound calls and inbound T38 Calls are part of your normal trunking service and does not carry a per minute charge. In order to gain access to the FAX service you need to be setup for our metered services option. The metered service works off the "reserve account" as described under "How Metered Service Works" where you can see details on how that works.
How do I sign Up?
- Login to your FreePBX/SIPStation Store
- Click on the "My Account" option at the top of the page
- Scroll down toward the bottom "Metered Services" section
- Under the "T38 Faxing" toggle the "Off" button to be "On"
- Enabling the "T38 Faxing" to On also enabled the "Top Up Settings" as shown above. The default Top Up Settings are show and you can press the "update" button to change those to be higher amounts. For more information on Top Up Settings please view this wiki on Top Up Settings.
Once signed up how do I make outbound T38 Fax calls.?
All outbound T38 Fax calls need to be sent to us as *323 and then either 10 digit or 11 digit number. So if we wanted to send a fax to 9209991234 we would send the call to SIPStation as *3239209991234. The easiest way to do this is to setup a outbound route in FreePBX called Fax. Then add a simple prefix such as 9. So your users would dial 99209991234. We would then have the outbound route strip off the 9 and add the *323 for us as seen in the screenshot below.
Dont forget to drag the Fax outbound route toward the top fo your route list.
If using Fax Pro in FreePBX to send outbound faxes from the User Control Panel (ARI) you can have it automatically set the 9 prefix for you so users facing from the User Control panel wont need to add the 9 when dialing. You do this in the Fax Configuration module in FreePBX
Please note you must have Asterisk setup to Handle T38 at the Asterisk level and this is not something we can provide support on. FreePBX does have a option to enable T38 in the SIP Settings module but you also need to make sure Asterisk is compiled for T38.