About FreePBX-Distro-6.12.65 ALPHA releases
Below is an outline of this version
- FreePBX Alpha 12
- Schmooze Linux 6.5 (Derived from CentOS)
- Asterisk 11 or 12
- DAHDI 2.8
The upgrade procedures outlined below will stop Asterisk and may also require a system reboot to fully apply. Perform the system upgrade using a scheduled maintenance window.
- FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-1 Click on link for release notes.
- FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-2 Click on link for release notes.
- FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-3 Click on link for release notes.
- FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-4 Click on link for release notes.
- FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-5 Click on link for release notes.
- FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-6 Click on link for release notes.
- FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-7 Click on link for release notes.
- FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-8 Click on link for release notes.
- FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-9 Click on link for release notes.
- FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-10 Click on link for release notes.
- FreePBX Distro 6.12.65-11 Click on link for release notes.
Below the list of shell upgrade scripts officially released to update an existing FreePBX Distro 6.12.65 system to a specific minor release version. The scripts will update the entire distribution, including all FreePBX web components and all OS-level components (such as the kernel and kernel modules).
All upgrades need to be installed in numeric ascending order. Do not skip any upgrade step. Upgrade scripts are not cumulative. Each upgrade script should be run in ascending order to get to the desired final version.
The upgrade path is one-way. These scripts cannot be used to downgrade the version of FreePBX Distro to an earlier version. The only way to reverse the effects of the upgrade procedure is to restore the system from a backup.
- No Upgrade script as this is the initial release version of this track.
How to check the current FreePBX Distro version
You can check your current FreePBX Distro version by going to the Web GUI sysadmin module or, from the Linux command line, do a:
Upgrade option 1: Manual upgrade using version upgrade scripts
Step 1: Check the current FreePBX Distro version
Display the current version file (as above) to confirm the current installed version of FreePBX Distro.
Step 2: Download and run the applicable upgrade script
To install an update script via the Linux command line, use the following commands, substituting the proper scripts from above. Download the upgrade script matching the current version of FreePBX Distro installed, mark it as executable and run it.
The FreePBX Distro upgrade script will update both FreePBX components (Asterisk, the FreePBX web GUI) and all base CentOS components.
Step 3: Specific script instructions
Note any special instructions displayed at the end of the upgrade if any are displayed, such as to reboot the system.
Step 4: Confirm the new FreePBX Distro version
Cat the updated (now current) version file (as above) to confirm the current installed version of FreePBX Distro is the expected newer version.
Upgrade option 2: Upgrade using commercial System Administration Pro module
If you have sysadmin module installed and have also purchased the SysAdmin Pro commercial license for the sysadmin module, you can use either the FreePBX web GUI to perform an update or run the following script from the command line to auto-update your system to the latest version.
- see System Admin Pro
Resolving OS configuration file changes
Some upgrade scripts will result in .rpm package updates that need configuration files to be manually cleaned up afterwards. The general procedure is described in the page Cleaning up files from a RPM update.
Specific update notes
CentOS is a Trademark of Red Hat and we do not claim to have any relationship with either Red Hat or CentOS