The Appointment Reminder module is a unique way to automate Appointment Reminders. By simply specifying names and numbers to be called, the PBX will automatically call at specified times and allow recipients to confirm, cancel, and reschedule appointments. The module gives you the flexibility to control all details of the calls from; concurrent rates to retry attempts and days ahead to notify. You have the ability to load a CSV list of numbers to call, or even add numbers and names manually. On the fly modifications can be made to any Appointment Reminder list.
When clicking on the “Appointment Reminder” module in your PBX admin GUI you will see the following.
On the left we see the status of any Reminders we created and we can also set the Maximum Calls, so that all reminders combined will not exceed at any one time.
On the right we see the following:
- Overview- This is the main landing page that will show the status of all reminders created.
- Add a Reminder- Press this to add a new Reminder.
- Manage Recipients- Press this to manage the Recipients for an already added Reminder.
- Reporting- Download CSV reports on any currently created reminder.
Add a Reminder
Click on the “Add a Reminder” option on the right.
- Reminder Settings
Name - This is the unique name for our Appointment Reminder. We have selected Dr Office Demo.
- Enabled - This is set to “YES." This means that the Appointment Reminder will run as scheduled. Note: You can easily disable an Appointment Reminder by simply toggling this option to “NO."
- Daily Start Time- Here we set the time of day that we want the Appointment Reminder to start. We have set ours to 9am.
Daily End Time- This is the time of day we want our Appointment Reminder to stop. We have set this example to 4pm.
- Max Advance Notice- This is the field that we will use to select how many days ahead of the scheduled appointment we want to place a reminder call. We have selected two days.
- Retry Count- Here we can instruct the Appointment Reminder how many times to retry a recipient if it is unable to reach them. In this example we set the retry count to two.
- Retry Delay- We can use this field to specify how long between a failed attempt to retry and reach that recipient. We set our retry delay to three hours. Note that if the three hour retry land after the appointment reminders daily endtime the reminder will be attempted again the following day.
- TTS Engine- This is the text to speech engine used. Unless you are an advanced user this should be set to the default of flite.
- Fixed Caller ID- This is the phone number that the call should appear to come from. For example we are using the Doctor's Office main number for easy identification by the recipients.