PBXact 15 not in General Availability
PBXact 15 is not yet in general availability. Feel free to help us test upgrades from PBXact 14 to 15 on test systems, in preparation for general availability.
Keeping your PBXact system up to date is an important aspect of maintenance. Fortunately, this is a relatively straightforward process.
You'll need to be on a current Peace of Mind Plan support contract (POMP) to upgrade your PBXact system. See the How to Purchase Support Credits wiki for more information on how to purchase POMPs.
It is strongly recommended that a full backup of the 14 system be made prior to the upgrade steps below. If necessary, this backup can be used as a restore point to a new install. Note also that the new Backup and Restore module in FreePBX 15 allows restores of backups made by previous versions.
How to install PBX upgrade tool
We need to download and install the latest pbx upgrade tool. Please find below steps to install PBX upgrade.
- Jump to ""updates" section by clicking "Pbxact GUI → Admin → Updates"
- Then select "Module updates" tab and click on "Check Online" option
- Once "Check online" operation is finished, it will show you available modules to install.
"PBX upgrade" module will also be display like shown in below screenshot.
Select "download all" and proceed further by selecting "process" button.
- This will further ask confirmation to install new PBX upgrader module. Please confirm and proceed further.
- After confirmation, PBX upgrader module will gets installed and then we can return back to module admin page.
- Module admin page, we can see PBX upgrader module is installed successfully.
How to use PBX upgrade tool
Please find below steps to use PBX upgrader to upgrade your PBXact-14 system to PBXact-15.
- Once PBX upgrade module is installed, you can find that module under "PBXact GUI → Module admin" section.
- After selecting 14 to 15 Upgrade tool, below page will reopen where we can check the features of PBXact-15 by expanding the tab or else move to next step by clicking "Check the requirements" button.
- You will see all passed validation as soon as "requirements check" process is over. Move to next step by clicking "Proceed to upgrade process".
- Upgrade process will start with below wizard. Click on "next" will start downloading new modules as per PBX 15 system.
- Step-2 of upgrade wizard will take some time so "do not refresh the web browser" and let the process to finish.