Adding the RESTful Application to a device requires that you have the RESTful Application module installed along with a valid license. To purchase the RESTful Application module, please see this wiki on how to Purchase Commercial Modules. You will also need to make sure you have a valid Commercial End Point Manager module and the Free Commercial RESTful API module installed.
Once all the above requirements are met you can go through the below setup.
Verify User has RESTful API Setup
- Verify the user you will be adding this application to has been setup as an API user in the RESTful API module and that they have access to either all modules or at the very least the module the application will be using.
- Log into your phone's PBX Admin GUI and click on the module called RestAPI.
- On the right is a list of users who have a RESTful API account setup. Click on your user or if you do not see the user listed, click the "New Token" option.
- When you edit or setup an API user, you can set the following options:
- Name- A name for this user. Usually the extension number.
- Description- Optional description about this API user.
- Associated User- Which extension/user you want this key to be associated with. If the extension is deleted, the key will also be removed. Also, the status of the API key can be enabled and disabled in the User Control Panel of the associated user along wth their API tokens.
- Status- Enabled or Disabled
- Users- Which user(s) data this token key can get and set. Meaning if we were using the API token here for Do No Disturb, the API token would only work to receive and set DND for these users. Only set this to the users you want this API token to be able to control, which is ususally the same as the Associated User above.
- Modules- Which modules this user's token has access to. Default is to set this to "All" modules.
- Rate Limit- How many requests per hour this token user can make.
- Once finished, press the "Submit" button to save your settings.
Map Applications to Phones
- Log into your Commercial End Point Manager and either create or edit a template for a supported device. In our example we are going to pick Aastra and edit our "Sample" template. For more information on using EPM please see this wiki. For the purpose of this wiki we will assume you know how to use the Commercial EPM and just cover how to add an application to a template.
- You can pick a phone model and setup a few buttons to be XML-API type. Next to the "Value" field will be a drop down of available RESTful Apps for you to choose from.
- When finished make sure to save your template and then map your devices to use this template in the Extension Mapping section.
- If your phone is external from your PBX and your PBX is behind a firewall, you will need to open the RestFUL Apps port. To do this go into the System Admin module and click on the Port Management section.
- Locate the RESTful Phone Apps Port.
- From here you can change the port to be something different if you would like. Do not forget to open your firewall for this port if you will have external phones connecting to the PBX and needing access to the RESTful Phone Apps. The phones will use this port when connecting to the phone apps.