Currently we have option to manually copy custom firmware to FreePBX system.
Refer to EPM-Admin User Guide#AdminUserGuide-InstallingCustomFirmware
Current process, involves the manual operation and lacking in nice user experience.
Intention of this feature is to provide good front end to nicely manage the custom firmware upload mechanism in Endpoint Manager (Commercial module).
What is Custom FW
Custom Firmware here means the firmware which is not officially sponsored by Endpoint Manager module. This is a specific phone firmware which user uploads and wants Endpoint Manager to use to upgrade his phone systems.
Its user responsibility to choose the right custom firmware for his phone system. Uploading bad firmware , non-supported or end of life firmware to Endpoint Manager will affect your phone system. Please make the right decision to upload "good" custom firmware.
How to use custom firmware with Endpoint Manager
Using custom firmware with Endpoint Manager is two step process -
1) Upload custom firmware using Endpoint Manager GUI.
2) Specify the "custom" firmware i.e. "0.0" to the required slot via Firmware Management section.
Uploading custom firmware
New button called "Custom Firmware Management" has been introduced under "Endpoint Manager → Right Navigator → Firmware Management" section.
We can use "Firmware Upload" button from "Custom Firmware Management" page to upload custom firmware.
New pop up will open as soon as we click on "firmware upload" button.
This pop up will ask for below information -
- Phone Brand - Drop down list of previously "added brands" . Select the brand for which , you are going to upload custom firmware.
- Phone Model - Enter phone model number. for example S705 for Sangoma phones or GXP 2160 for Grandstream.
- Phone Firmware version - Enter firmware version details of the custom firmware. for example current firmware version is 126.96.36.199 for Sangoma phones.
Upload Firmware - Upload firmware file.
Upload firmware file should have same name and format as requested by phone. Endpoint Manager will simply copy the given firmware file to respective location from where phone could read.
Endpoint Manager does not take the responsibility of uploading bad firmware which could results in breaking phone system.