Status colour Yellow title This wiki has been updated for Version 13 of your PBX GUI
With Park Pro, you're no longer limited to one parking lot. You can add multiple parking lots to your PBX. This is useful for companies who run multiple locations on the same server or have multiple internal departments.
Park & Announce Feature
Note: Park & Announce Requires both Park Pro and Page Pro
The Park & Announce feature automatically announces parked calls to phones in a page group that you define. The system announces which slot number the user should dial to pick up the parked call. Optionally, the caller can leave a brief message that will be played as part of the announcement. This can be useful for announcing the caller's name or other information you request from the caller.
The Park and Announce feature can be triggered manually by transferring a call into the Park and Announce extension, or automatically by directing a call flow (such as an inbound route or IVR) to the Park and Announce destination. Park and Announce can be configured with either public or private parking lots, but it will always be publicly available for any extension to use.
With Park and Announce, you can:
- Target any configured Parking Lot.
- Use any configured Paging Pro page group.
- Override a parking lot’s configured timeout with a specific timeout.
- Automatically re-park a timed-out call a set number of times.
Play an announcement to callers who are being parked, prior to parking them, and to play a different announcement to callers if they timeout and are automatically re-parked.
- Override the parking lot’s timeout destination with a different destination.
Configure a message to be played to the page group, containing the caller's slot number and optionally a message personally recorded by the caller.
An example use case of this feature is a school where a cleaning staff works in the evenings, and you want their family members to be able to reach them. The family members could dial into the PBX with a special phone number or use a hidden IVR option to reach the park and announce feature. A caller would be prompted to say their name and who they are looking for. The system would then park the caller and page the page group, which might include several phones and devices throughout the building. The page would include an announcement of the caller's slot number and recorded message. The cleaning staff member could then go to the nearest phone that has access to the parking lot, and either dial the slot number or use a BLF button (if configured) to pick up the call.
Public & Private Lots
All the parking lots, including the default lot, can be configured as either private or public parking lots. At the extension or device level, every device is configured to be associated with a specific parking lot. If not changed, it will default to belong to the default lot. When a parking lot is public, any extension may park a call to that lot by transferring the call to the configured Parking Lot Extension as already described. Furthermore, any extension on the PBX may retrieve that parked call by dialing the parking slot where the call is parked. If a lot is marked as private, then the Parking Extension and Parking Slots are ONLY usable if the given extension/device is configured with the given parking lot.
- Create multiple parking lots
- Announce parked calls to a page group
- Allow callers to record a message to be played to the page group
- Control the maximum message length as well as the instructions played to the caller
- Prepend the parked call's caller ID with text and/or the parking slot number
- Play up to three system recordings along with a parked call announcement
- Drag and drop the elements of a parked call announcement (system recordings, slot number, and caller message) to change the playback order