- Log in to the FreePBX UI
- On the top menu click Admin
- In the drop down click User Management
- In the right navigation pane click on the user you wish to edit.
- In their settings you will see SIPStation SMS DIDs, Check the box next to the desired numbers
- Click Submit at the bottom
On the top right click on the colored dot.
Click New SMS
A pop-up will appear
In the From drop down there will bee a list of numbers available to this user
This will open a chat box. Note: this box will also appear if you receive a SMS while logged in.
You may now interact with the message as if it were any other chat.
When a user sends a TXT message to a number that is assigned to you you will get a chat style box when logged in
You can then respond as any other chat conversation and the user will receive your message as a text message.
If you are Not logged in your messages will be under the SMS tab
You can click the eye icon to view the message
You can click on the number under To, to open up the chat window and respond.