Now if the DSP Failure is due to mismatch of DSP version i.e. DSP upgrade is required then please follow the steps as stated here: DSP Upgrade Procedure
It might be possible that the DSP Upgrade itself get failed.
TroubleShoot DSP Upgrade Procedure Failure
The possible reason of DSP Upgrade Failures are:
- Invalid DSP Firmware uploaded
- Checksum mismatch
- Improper Space present on VEGA in order to upload DSP
Invalid DSP Firmware / CheckSum Mismatch
In case of Invalid DSP Firmware Uploaded and Checksum mismatch the UI should display proper information on to VEGA screen this means that that either the DSP Firmware has been uploaded on to VEGA or the DSP Firmware is not properly copied on to VEGA.
DSP Failure due to no space available on to VEGA
It is possible that the DSP Upgrade Procedure will get Failed with no proper information present on to the VEGA GUI. In such case please follow below steps:
- Try to uploaded DSP Firmware manually using SCP operation on to VEGA /tmp/ folder via 2022 port (either using winscp from windows or using scp command from linux)
one can enable 2022 port on to VEGA as provided in Advanced Debugging link
- Now if the scp if failed due to space not available on to vega then check if there is any core file present in / folder or any invalid file present within VEGA on VEGA then remove the same and try upgrade procedure again. If still the DSP Upgrade procedure is failed then go to next step and follow further process.
In order to avoid such situations it is preferred to run below commands before Upgrade DSP:
1) Take backup of the current configuration
2) factory reset the VEGA box
3) Reboot VEGA box
4) Upgrade DSP
5) Upload the backed up configuration once DSP upgrade is successful
If even going through the DSP Upgrade Procedure is DSP is not upgraded and on VEGA UI it just showing that the DSP Upgrade is Failed the Possible reason of DSP
If DSP Failure is not because of DSP Upgrade required then follow below steps: