Please find below instructions to follow in order to install FreePBX Unattended ISO of SNG7.
Download the Freepbx Distro ISO file using the below link.
- ISO - https://downloads.freepbxdistro.org/ISO/SNG7-FPBX-64bit-2008-1_unattended.iso
- MD5sum - https://downloads.freepbxdistro.org/ISO/SNG7-FPBX-64bit-2008-1_unattended.iso.md5sum
- SH256sum - https://downloads.freepbxdistro.org/ISO/SNG7-FPBX-64bit-2008-1_unattended.iso.sha256sum
ISO Installation Prerequisites
- Bootable USB drive with ISO
- Serial cable to connect from appliance to your PC/Laptop (alternatively, VGA monitor + USB keyboard both directly connected to the appliance may also be used for the unattended installation)
- LAN cable
Creating bootable USB
- Download the Rufus-image-writer application using below link and install into your computer to make the bootable pendrive.
- Once the Rufus application is installed, open the application and follow the below steps to convert ISO to bootable pendrive.
Step 1 : Plug in USB pendrive/flashdrive to the computer, and you will instantly see your pendrive in the top Device drop-down menu on Rufus application.
Step 2 : Click on SELECT, you will be prompted to choose the ISO file in your computer and select proper ISO then click Open.
Step 3 : Rest of the settings will be reflected as default, do not change any of the settings and click on the START button.
Step 4 : Once you start it will prompt you to select the mode that you want to use to write this image, please select as Recommended and click OK.
Step 5 : Again it will ask for the confirmation that if any of the data that existed in pendrive/flashdrive will be deleted, please click OK to continue.
Step 6 : It will start writing the ISO image to bootable pendrive/flashdrive, please wait for a monument to get complete.
Step 7 : Once it is done, you can see READY in green color then click on CLOSE button and unplug the USB pendrive/flashdrive, so now USB pendrive/flashdrive is ready to use as a bootable USB drive.
FreePBX ISO Installation Steps
- Connect the bootable pendrive/flashdrive on the Freepbx system.
- Connect the console cable RJ45 to the console port of Freepbx system and USB port to your laptop or PC
- Connect LAN cable from appliance to LAN switch.
- Check the COM port number from the device manager on your Computer/Laptop.
- Open putty software , select Connection type as “Serial”, enter the com port number in Serial line as COMX (In this case COM4 used) and “Speed” as 115200
- Power on the Appliance and press the delete key as soon as you see the following screen.
- This will take you into the Boot menu for changing the Boot priority.
- Navigate to the Boot items as seen below and set the pendrive/flashdrive to the first Boot option #1 under Boot Option Priorities.
- Press F10 on your keyboard to save and confirm your changes, which will reboot the Appliance.
- As the Appliance reboots it will boot from the USB pendrive/flashdrive and it will start installation automatically without any manual intervention, as you can see auto selected “Fully Automatic Installation - Output to Serial” and it will start in seconds.
- You have to wait for 30 minutes to get all the necessary packages to download and installed, you will see below screen once installation is completed. So press enter button to quit then unplug the pendrive/flashdrive from the appliance and system will reboot.
- Now the Appliance will boot from the HDD
- Press the enter key to login, after complete booting. Once you are able to see the below login screen then your Fully Automated Installation process has been completed.