Overview of Intercom Feature
Intercom Calling allows you to dial another extension but have the extension you are dialing "auto answer" instead of ringing.
Using Intercom Button to Intercom a User
- If you have a Intercom Button setup on your Sangoma Phone you can press it at anytime.
- The phone will then wait for you to enter in the extension you want to intercom
- Enter in the extension you want to Intercom and press the Dial button
- Your Intercom will be initiated to that user.
Setting up a Intercom Button on your Phone
- You can setup a Intercom Button on your phone using the PBX End Point Manager by modifying your button layout for your Sangoma s500 or s700 Phones.
- Go into End Point Manager in your PBX and pick on the Sangoma Brand on the left menu bar.
- Click on the template in End Point Manager that you want to change a button for.
- Select a model number you want to add a Intercom Button
- Scroll down the your first available Line Key that is not used
- From the Drop Down of button types pick Intercom
- You can optionally change the label name to be something different then Intercom if you want. The Label is the name that will be shown on your Phone Screen for that button.
- You can now drag the button to be in a differnt spot. In our example we will drag Button 21 that we just setup as a Intercom button up toward the top to make it button 4 on the phone. Left click on the button and while holding down your left mouse drag the button to a different spot and release it.
- Save the Model using the
- If you go back into the model number it will show Intercom as button 4 now.
- We now need to update the phone config. Our 3 options at the bottom of the template are
- Save Template- This will only save your changed into the PBX Database but will not write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in Extension Mapping section of End Pint Manager.
- and Rebuild Configs- This will save your changes to the PBX Database and will also write out new config file for the phones that are using this template as mapped in Extension Mapping section of End Pint Manager but the phones will need to be rebooted for it to retrieve the changes.
- and Force Update- Will do both the Rebuild Configs option above but also update any phones that are mapped to use this template and currently registered to the PBX immediately with no need to reboot the phones.
Using a Feature Code to Intercom
- You can Intercom a user at anytime by dialing the PBX Intercom feature code and the extension number.
- The default intercom feature code is *80 s to intercom extension 4000 you would dial *804000 from your phone.
- If you are unsure of your Intercom Feature code please review the wiki here on how to view and manage PBX Feature Codes.