THIS WIKI HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR VERSION 13 OF YOUR PBX GUI
Part of the XMPP Pro Commercial Module
The User Control Panel (UCP) includes a built-in XMPP chat client that works in conjunction with the XMPP commercial module. This allows users to send and receive instant messages (IMs) using a simple web browser interface.
- XMPP must be installed, enabled, & configured
- A user must be allowed to log into UCP (set in the User Management module)
- XMPP must be enabled for the user (set in the User Management module)
Chat With a User
Log into the User Control Panel (UCP).
Click the XMPP icon near the top right-hand corner of the screen.
A drop-down menu will appear. Click on New XMPP or click on a specific user in the list.
Users will not appear in the list if the Presence feature is not enabled for them in the User Management module, or if their current presence state is "unavailable."
- If you click on New XMPP, you will need to enter the recipient's username in the To: field. Enter the login name only, not the "@<host>" part. Click Initiate to begin the chat.
- If you click on the name of a user, the chat will begin automatically and you will not need to enter a username.
Type your message to the recipient:
Use the return/enter key to send.
When you receive a reply, the chat window will turn blue. You will also receive a browser notification if your browser is configured to accept notifications.
Collapse or Hide the Chat Window
/ = Collapse / expand the chat window
= Close the chat window. To re-open, click the XMPP icon and select the user in the drop-down list.
Presence State Color Coding
Presence states available by default:
Green = "Available" or "Chat"
Yellow = "Away" or "Extended Away"
Red = "Do Not Disturb (DND)" or "Unavailable"