This setup is only if you'd like your recordings stored on the remote CRM server. If you'd like them to stay on your PBX you do not have to work through this page
On the PBX you will need to login as root on the CLI and run:
ONLY RUN THE FOLLOWING ON DISTRO 6 MACHINES. DISTRO 7 MACHINE ALREADY HAVE THIS INSTALLED. RUNNING IT AGAIN WILL BREAK YOUR SYSTEM
- Navigate the the CRM module from within your PBX under the settings section
- Change "Recording Storage" to "CRM"
- Click "Generate new Private/Public key pair"
- Setup a Web accessible user on your remote CRM system - Usually the Username "Apache" will do. Write the name of the remote Web user under "SSH Username". For added security you can create a user on the remote CRM that only has access to the "Remote Storage Path" you'll define later.
- Setup the Remote Storage Path - For security reasons this should be outside the scope of your CRM web directory. In this example we are using "/var/www/recordings". Note: the CRM Web User will need to have read access to this directory!
- Add Public Key to remote machine - Now that you have a remote directory and user defined you need to add the Public Key you generated earlier to the remote user
- Login to the Remote machine - Then switch to the "SSH Username" User with the command "su"
- Navigate to the home - directory by running: cd "~/:
- Navigate to or create then navigate to the directory called ".ssh" under your home directory
- Create a file called "authorized_keys" - Add your Public Key in that file. If that file already exists just add your Key to the end of the file (make sure each key is separated by a new line!)
- Test Connection - Before you will be able to save the page you will have to Test the connection. Click the "Test Connection" button to make sure everything works.
- Copy Voicemails - When the system detects a Voicemail has been left it will associate that voicemail with the inbound call and copy the Voicemail from your PBX to your CRM. Allowing you to play it