THIS WIKI HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR VERSION 13 OF YOUR PBX GUI
The call waiting module allows an additional call to come in on the same channel.
The Call Waiting module provides an option to turn call waiting on or off. There is no "Call Waiting" module under the GUI menus. Instead, settings are controlled in the Feature Codes module, Extensions module, and Advanced Settings module. Users can activate/deactivate call waiting through feature codes.
|*70||Deactivate call waiting|
|*71||Enable call waiting|
Call waiting can be enabled/disabled for an extension through the GUI.
- In the top menu click Applications
- In the drop down menu click Extensions
- When viewing an existing or new extension, click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Extension Options tab to find the "Call Waiting" option.
Enable/Disable: Sets the initial/current call waiting status for the extension.
Two settings in the Advanced Settings module are directly related to call waiting.
- In the top menu click Settings.
- In the drop down menu click Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to the Dialplan and Operational section.
CW Enabled by Default
Yes/No: Whether to enable call waiting settings for newly created extensions. Default is Yes.
Occupied Lines CW Busy
Yes/No: Whether to report unanswered call waiting calls as "busy" (resulting in the busy voicemail greeting). Default is Yes. If set to No, unanswered CW calls simply report as "no-answer."