FreePBX versions 188.8.131.52 and below, 184.108.40.206 and below, 220.127.116.11 and below has a serious authentication vulnerability that potentially allows unauthorized users to bypass password authentication and access services provided by the FreePBX admin.
CVSS 3 Details:
- CVSS Base Score: 9.4
- Impact Subscore: 5.5
- Exploitability Subscore: 3.9
- CVSS Temporal Score: 9.0
- CVSS Environmental Score: 7.6
- Modified Impact Subscore: 4.0
- Overall CVSS Score: 7.6
Vulnerable software and versions:
The versions listed below (or less than)
- < framework v18.104.22.168
- < frameworkv22.214.171.124
- < framework v126.96.36.199
The following versions of fixes:
- >= framework v188.8.131.52
- >= framework v184.108.40.206
- >= framework v220.127.116.11
The Sangoma and FreePBX team has deemed this a major security issue. We strongly encourage all users of FreePBX 13, 14 and 15 to upgrade to the latest core version. This can be done from the Module Admin GUI or fwconsole. For more information on using Module Admin, please see http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Module+Admin+User+Guide.
Sangoma takes security seriously and request that any future FreePBX security issue be reported at email@example.com.