FreePBX versions 126.96.36.199 and below, 188.8.131.52 and below, 184.108.40.206 and below has a serious authentication vulnerability that potentially allows unauthorized users to bypass password authentication and access services provided by the FreePBX admin.
CVSS 3 Details:
- CVSS Base Score: 9.4
- Impact Subscore: 5.5
- Exploitability Subscore: 3.9
- CVSS Temporal Score: 9.0
- CVSS Environmental Score: 7.6
- Modified Impact Subscore: 4.0
- Overall CVSS Score: 7.6
Vulnerable software and versions:
The versions listed below (or less than)
- < framework v220.127.116.11
- < frameworkv18.104.22.168
- < framework v22.214.171.124
The following versions of fixes:
- >= framework v126.96.36.199
- >= framework v188.8.131.52
- >= framework v184.108.40.206
Official Bug ticket: - FREEPBX-20791Getting issue details... STATUS
The Sangoma and FreePBX team has deemed this a major security issue. We strongly encourage all users of FreePBX 13, 14 and 15 to upgrade to the latest core version. This can be done from the Module Admin GUI or fwconsole. For more information on using Module Admin, please see http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Module+Admin+User+Guide.
Sangoma takes security seriously and request that any future FreePBX security issue be reported at [email protected].